Friday, April 07, 2006

What the hail?

Okay, today was definately an interesting day. It started out a nice balmy 56°F and partly sunny when I took the kids to school. Hardly any wind. By noon it started to cloudy up even further where you got the occassional full sun, then back to overcast and did it ever get windy. Just before 3:30pm the sky darkened and it began to rain. Then it stopped, then it hailed. And boy howdy did it hail. And no sooner did it start, it stopped. Which was cool since I had to leave to pick up the kids from school. So I got my youngest in his winter coat and hat, locked him into his stroller and headed on out.

No sooner do I step outside that it begins to hail. No biggie. The hail was a wee bit smaller than pea-sized, and I had been in much worse than this, so I continued. Hail was bouncing off of me and the stroller canopy over my boy who was really enjoying the little bits of ice bouncing around the cup holder and tray in front of him. I smile as I listen to him squeal in delight as he attempts to pick up the slippery pieces of ice in his little fingers. I get no further than the corner of the street before the school when the wind picks up and starts to whip the wee bits of ice. I hear the sound of 'Huh?' from my son. I do a quick check on him and he's doing fine. Until the wind picks up even more. Now the ice is starting to sting me, and the delightful little coo's from my boy are now cries of discomfort.

I look and see him covering his face with his hands from the ice. So I turn the stroller around to where I am pulling it and he is no longer taking the brunt of the wind. But let me tell you, that wind did not let up and she was determined to remind me that she was still in control. No need to remind me, I know it. The bell rings, the kids come out and we head on home. At least we were traveling in the direction of the wind, rather than against it.

Alrighty, today was day four of the food log. It was a rather dismal day around the noon time hour, so my hunger today was rather sporadic. So without further ado, here is...

FOOD LOG!
  • Late night snacking (2:30am): 6 slices of the leftover thin crust extra cheese pizza.
  • Breakfast (9am): 2 bowls of Berry Rice Crispies cereal with one banana.
  • Lunch: Nothing
  • Afternoon snack (4pm): 8 ounce brick of Mild Cheddar. I'm a cheese fanatic. When I get started I eat it all. *blushes*
  • Dinner (8:15pm): Three large scoops Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff with brocolli and extra sour cream added.
  • Total drinks: 5 cans of Pepsi.

Wow! Well that looks real bad. Definately gonna change my diet. It's amazing when you really don't care what you eat, how crappy you really do eat. Well after this weeks log, that's all going to change. At least I really, really, REALLY hope it changes.

Thanks for stopping by and reading the ramblings of a chubby guy on the border of complete confusion. Until tomorrows yadda-yadda posting, peace and bright blessings to everyone! And now for...

TODAY'S BUMPERSTICKER






Redwolf