Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mama said there'd be days like this... An' she wasn't kidding!

Boy, when a day decides to give you lemons, and changes its mind and grows a grove on you instead, you know you're in for a long week. Yesterday would be classed as this very type of day. Actually this string of blunders began on Tuesday. The weather was nice but it was only a facade on what was about to be three days of bad. After setting the kids off to school and then finally putting my little down for a nap, I decided to head out into the backyard and pick up some of the spring cleaning items that was going to be picked up on Thursday. I first headed over to the kids green turtle sandbox to dump the sand and add it to the pile of garbage going out. I get there and lift it by the face and all it does is bend. When you have over 200 lbs. of wet sand (it rained the night before) it doesn't help much. So I grabbed by the side and lifted and finally was able to flip the dang thing. It wasn't till a day later I found out the muscles I pulled doing that stupid stunt. Oy!

But it doesn't end there, I decided to use some of the sand on my grapevine, seeing that sand hold moisture fairly well and it will be benefical for the hot dry summer months in keeping the soil moist for the vine. I placed the sand all around and then moved it with my foot. There was an upside-down old clay pot in the way so I go and move it. But instead of moving it, I sliced my forefinger open nearly an inch from a piece of pottery that had flaked off into a extremely sharp edge. From finger tip to just a smidge before the first knuckle. Boy did that bitch hurt! It wasn't really deep, but it hurt like the worst cardboard cut one could ever get. And if any of you have ever gotten a cardboard cut, you know what I'm talking about. I go inside clean it up and go on cleaning. Except the whole day I could feel the cut reopening anytime I used that hand for anything strenuous. So that completed that day.

DAY TWO (morning): That morning the kids are going on their first field trip. They are completely ecstatic about the trip. And in the notes given by the teachers, all children need to bring a sack lunch. No problem there, we were prepared for this. I packed their lunches and the last thing to place in the sack, a piece of fruit. All we had were banana's, so in they go. Except they don't go in very far. Too damn big. No worries, I'll just cut them in half and each will have one-half for lunch. Grabbing a common butter knife sharp PLASTIC knife, I cut downwards. Now mind you I have it in the hands and I am cutting towards my open palm. I didn't even think of any consequences since it was a dull PLASTIC butter knife. But low and behold the blasted knife cut me at the base of the forefinger of my left hand. Something is up with my forefingers lately. Arrgh! For a nice little slice that somabitch hurt. Didn't help much when cleaning some dishes I'm using Dawn with bleach. Nothing like adding some burning sting to the mess!

DAY TWO (evening): Here I sit at my computer desk playing a little WoW with the wife and my computer starts stuttering during the game. Really annoying! After a little bit of game play, she retires for the evening and I decide to check on whats going on. After moving the computer desk, I pull out my case and I can see my processor fan wavering and vibrating as it spins, making a mechanical whirring noise. Not a good whirring noise like a fan in condition would make, but one of a fan that is off-kilter and is unable to realign itself. Its barely spinning, my heatsink is really heating up big time, and then I notice that my fan on my fairly new video card is barely clinging onto the video card processor! JEEZ! All this happening on one frickin' evening, I decided to doing an online order for one. Man is there a ton of fan/heat sink combo's out there. All I wanted was a stinking proc fan dammit! After searching I found one at Newegg and should arrive on Saturday or Monday (probably Monday). So I had to shut the old girl down for the night to prevent her from overheating (hence no post from last night).

DAY THREE (afternoon): This afternoon I did some juryrigging and managed to get the fan running semi-decently but I don't foresee it lasting much longer. But in the process of messing with my computer, my right thumb bumps the case fan and it strips away a good chunk skin from the knuckle and I start bleeding, which doesn't help matters any. And somewhere along the line the toe next to the big toe, during the numerous trips going up and downstairs, is cut and I have no clue as to when that happened. So by the end of it all, I have four bleeding cuts, a processor fan and video card fan on the blink, and a few pulled muscles. Well they do say, bad things come in threes. *sigh*

Thanks for stopping and reading! Peace and bright blessings to each and everyone of you out there! Nighters. Oy, my back...



links to this post