Thursday, November 02, 2006

Do you have to... do you have to... do have to let it linger?

Today in a moment of outdoor clarity, I was able to snap this crisp shot of the small tree in my front yard doing its annual feast for the eyes that nature taught it. And in rare moments of perfect sunlight and colors, how can you pass it up? Especially since the days have been less than sunny as of late. Kinda gets you feeling down after a while. Everything gray and dreary. Ooooo! Just gets me so excited in anticipation of winter! Oy.

To do something different, I spent a good part of today reminiscing about my past, both good and bad. Looking back at the decisions that I had made in the past, both smart and stupid. Many made me smile, quite a few made me cringe, and a few made me shake my head all the while thinking "Why did I do that?" Then I thought to myself, if I could go back in time and change those moments of "Why" what would my life be like? Would it be for the better? Worse? The same? Would I know all the people that I know today? Would it affect my friendships? Would I be willing to sacrifice what I have today, just to get rid of those not-so-good moments in my past? After long contemplation on the matter, I came to the conclusion that I would not. I couldn't imagine that my life would be as fulfilling without my wife, my kids, and my friends. The thought that they wouldn't be there is saddening. And even with all the bumps that I encounter (and caused) along the way, I wouldn't change a thing. I couldn't. Then I got up and did the laundry.

I finally went through the pictures of my kids trick-or-treating that my wife took of the kids... Ummmm... Well lets say she doesn't have the shutterbug in her. The kids look like they are either in some sort of hazy fog of movement, out of focus, or lacking lower torso's of any kind. *snicker* She was rather disappointed that she ruined the shots of the holiday celebration. Guess that's why she always wants me to do all the photoshoots. But she means well.

Once again the title of the blog seems to lead into a video. Hmmmmm... I'm starting to sense a trend here. Sure. Why not go with a regular theme. It couldn't hurt. Could it? Enjoy!

(For better playback, push play then immediately pause to let the video load completely.)


Thanks again for stopping by and listening to a wolf howling on about nothing. Just another fun filled day around the den. Maybe something exciting might happen tomorrow. But then again, if its my track record, it will be more of this. Oh yay. Peace, take care, and bright blessings to everyone!

TODAY'S BUMPERSTICKER






Redwolf