Monday, November 13, 2006

Money talks!

Today was my first day of my new job and boy howdy let me tell you it was something old being something new to me. I actually enjoyed my first day, where I thought I was going to dread it as I drove in this morning. I listened to music to keep my mind off of what I have ahead of me. As I closed in, I could feel the butterflies starting to amass in my stomach (which I must add is not necessary a bad thing. I always got butterflies before a first date. It's pretty exciting). But I digress. As I pulled in and found a parking spot relatively quick and I sat observing people as they arrived seeing where they entered the building, just so I don't look lost trying to figure it all out, still listening to music. I threw up the volume on songs that put me in a good mood and got the jitters out of my system. I looked down at the time and realized that it was time to head on in.

As soon as I got to the door, it was locked. Great. Now I have to stand around looking like a newbie waiting to get in. But it wasn't long before a kind individual introduced themselves and directed me to the cafeteria where I was suppose to wait for the HR person to come and get me. I waited and waited, and waited. It was a few minutes past seven when in she strolled saying while chuckling "I knew I was forgetting something." Well that just made me feel, well, invisible. I hope the day goes much better than it had started. I went into her office were I proceeded to fill out all the info for taxes and contacts in case of emergency. After all that, I gave her my SS card, and drivers license, for her to make a photocopy. Only to have her come back to ask me what happened to my SS card. I explained that my dog as a puppy got a hold of my wallet and felt it necessary to go through the interior paper and have a chew-fest. Well that unfortunately included my SS card. The number was still visible, but the puppy had successfully chewed through my first name and part of my middle name. She then proceeds to tell me that I need to get a new card as soon as possible, even though the number is legible, my name wasn't and that by law is not acceptable. So tomorrow I need to go to the social security office and get a new one. Yay!

After all that, I then was taken to the factory for the tour of the place, really short tour. Just to meet my co-workers on my shift and get the grand layout of the place. Which was cool. Very small tight knit place. I like that. Very friendly. I was then brought to a section which I really never worked in before and told to work there for the day to familiarize myself with the procedures required of the establishment. Needless to say, that went really smooth and got a long with the set-up person working there, who turns out to be the 2nd shift set-up person who I'll be working with once I head onto 2nd shift. Sweet. She was really nice and very helpful. Awesome start.

The only thing that was a little rough for me was the isolation of being there during breaks. Seeing that I haven't really made any friendly associations with anyone, it made breaks rather lonely. Which is fine, cause I prefer to be myself during breaks and lunches. Though I preferred if I had reading material rather than just sitting there staring out the window for a half hour. Oy!

But all in all it was a great day and I look forward to tomorrow as I will be working on the line learning the trade that I had done years ago. Like falling off a log. Can't wait!

Being in a such a good mood, I thought I would go with the blog title theme again! But then again, when haven't my videos not been a blog title theme? Just an easier way to introduce a video! Enjoy!

(For better playback, push play then immediately pause to let the video load completely.)

Thanks for stopping by and listening to the wonderful moment of typical boredom of my life. Peace, take care, and bright blessings to everyone! Yay! No more migraines! But now I have work to deal with... *grins*



links to this post