Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This is Planet Earth...

And to think just a few days ago the tree in the front yard was full of colorful leaves and in a matter of a couple days, it has lost all the color and all thats left is the underlying barren skeletal structure of its branches. Today the weather was absolutely wonderful, which allowed me to turn off the furnace for a couple of days now. I swear it felt and smelled like it was spring. How I miss those months. The fresh crispness of the cool air warming under the sun and allowing the warmth to permeate the ground releasing the smell of freshly dug up soil. Man do I love spring. At least I got a slight taste of it today, and I'm looking forward to it tomorrow as well. How can one not be a treehugger with all this nature around. *chuckle*


Well after it being nearly a week since I took my drug test for my new place of employment, I decided to call them and touch bases to see if everything went well, or at least to see if they got the results. Unfortunately the HR person wasn't there so I left a voice mail and about 3pm I got a call-back. The test was fine, and I'll be doing the preliminary paper work this coming Monday and then going through the orientation for the following two weeks. I'm really looking forward to working for this company. They have a very family oriented work-force, which is exactly what I've been looking for. My old place of employment was like that for the first two years of my working there before they broke down that feeling and everyone soon became a number. It was all first name basis at the start and by the end before going under it was all peon8675309 and so on. But all that aside, I can't wait to start!

Going with the nature theme of the blog title for this day. I bring you a little known video from the wonderful year of 1981... Enjoy!

(For better playback, push play then immediately pause to let the video load completely.)


Turns out to be another wee posting day. Sorry things aren't more white-knuckle excitement. But not all days at a den are fraught with danger and excitement. I'd say these are the lazy days of summer excitement, but 1) its fall, and 2) I'd be lying. See you around. Peace, take care, and bright blessings to everyone!

TODAY'S BUMPER STICKER






Redwolf